In addition to meeting the CDC guidelines for H1N1 virus (Swine Influenza “A”), Sporicidin® Disinfectant Solution and Towelettes are EPA registered to kill the following pathogens:
• Avian Influenza A, H9N2 (bird flu)
• Influenza A2 - Japan 305/57 Asian Strain (flu that affects swine humans)
• Coronavirus (SARS)
• Polio Type 1 virus
• Herpes simplex types 1/F and 2/G (oral, ocular and genital)
• HIV (human AIDS virus)
• Canine Parvo virus
• Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
• Vancomycin resistant Enterococcus aureus (VRE)
• Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB)
• Escherichia coli (E. coli)
• Salmonella enterica
• Streptococcus pyrogenes
• Streptococcus salivarius
• Staphylococcus aureus
• Pseudomonas aeruginosa
• Trichophyton mentagrophytes (Athlete’s foot)
• Aspergillus niger (mold)
• Penicillium variable
• Chaetomium globosum
Sporicidin® products have been used by healthcare professionals to protect patients from harmful pathogens for more than 30 years. The active ingredient system used in Sporicidin® is same system that has been in Chloraseptic®throat spray for more than 50 years.
Key considerations when selecting a disinfectant to assist in infection control of the flu:
1. Proven effective against a wide range of organisms that affect humans, swine and birds by independent laboratories.
2. Decades of successful application in hospitals by healthcare professionals.
3. Utilizes an active ingredient system that is safe enough to be used around children.
What is H1N1 virus? (Swine Influenza “A”)
Swine flu is a respiratory disease commonly found in pigs. For more than a century, this type of virus has been observed in both humans and swine. In 1918 a swine influenza outbreak called the Spanish flu affected people around the world and killed as many as 100 million people. This epidemic was caused by an exceptionally virulent strain of the Influenza “A” virus strain (H1N1).
The strain of swine influenza “A” that is currently causing concern has the following characteristics:
• It spreads easily between people.
• People not normally considered “high risk” (young adults) are contracting this disease.
• It has made a significant number of people sick in many countries around the world.
• The flu vaccination that was made available this season does not protect against this strain.
What can I do about H1N1 virus? (Swine Influenza “A”)
1. Promote good personal hygiene. Thorough hand washing and cleaning of public surfaces are the best ways to minimize exposure to harmful pathogens. Sporicidin® Lotion Soap is a surgical scrub used by hospitals and medical practices to protect against harmful organisms. Sporicidin®Disinfecting Solution is a liquid disinfectant that contains surfactants (soap) for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces in household and professional settings.
2. Use a safe product. Developed by the inventor of Chloraseptic® throat spray and utilizing exactly the same active ingredients, Sporicidin® Disinfectant Solution is one of the safest disinfectants available. Used in hospitals and around children for 30+ years.
3. Keep healthy. Sporicidin® Disinfectant Solution, when used according to label instructions, is effective against many organisms – see the list above.
4. Stay informed. For updates on Sporicidin® products, send your e-mail address to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter “update me” in the subject line.
Welcome to T3 Athletix! Your newest source for keeping your gym, workout, training or rehab facility in top shape. We offer presaturated wipes and disinfectants for your equipment and personal fressness. Take your facility to the next level and keep your members happy by joining the T3 Team today!